Everyone grows older but there are also more elderly people in the world nowadays. According to the United Nations, the global population aged 65 and over is growing faster than all other age groups. The Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences states that, at present the number of Malaysians aged 60 years and above is estimated to be 1.4 million and this is projected to increase to 3.3 million by 2020. Malaysia, and the world, needs to prepare for the aging population. So do you and the ones you love. The nutrition needs and solutions for elderly people are often more, and different, than for younger people. Uno Nutrition provides evidence based nutrition supplements specifically designed for the elderly to help you and the ones you love age gracefully.
Young at heart
Age is just a number but the health issues that we all face as we grow older often become more serious and more complex. The main health concerns of elderly people are;
- Heart disease. Uno Nutrition offers Trubone Silver, an affordable nutrition supplement to help you manage high blood pressure and high cholesterol and avoid developing heart disease in your later years.
- Osteoarthritis or osteoporosis. Exercising regularly and eating a healthy diet can help protect your bones and joints.
- More than 16 percent of adults aged 65 and older have type 2 diabetes in Malaysia. The sooner you know you have diabetes, the sooner you can begin managing your blood sugar to better control it.
- Influenza and pneumonia, and now Covid 19! Infections like the flu or pneumonia aren’t specifically senior illnesses, but elderly people are more vulnerable to them due to weakened immune systems and may be less likely to recover successfully.
- The risk for some types of cancer also increases as you age. While preventing cancer altogether is not possible, screenings to detect certain cancers in the early stages can help.
- Malnutrition in older adults over the age of 65 is often underdiagnosed and can lead to Sarcopenia. Malnutrition often arises from other health problems; dementia and forgetting to eat, dietary restrictions, and limited income. Small changes like increasing your intake of fruit and vegetables can help nutrition in the elderly, so can easy to consume nutrition supplements like Sustein Gold 55+, by Uno Nutrition.
Finally there are chronic illnesses and accidental illnesses in elderly people that cause pain, misery and sudden disabilities. Maintaining a healthy body and mind isn’t that difficult if you take care of your diet and exercise. Uno Nutrition offers a range of nutrition supplements specifically designed to help you balance your nutrition needs, whatever age you are.